Vichy: Aqualia Thermal Night Spa

I received a deluxe sample (15 ml jar) some time ago in a beauty box an had nearly forgot about it until recently. Vichy is a lovely French pharmacy brand that I don't get nearly excited enough. As far as I'm aware the Aqualia Thermal Night Spa is new to their range and is meant to be used as a overnight mask of sorts.

The overnight mask hype has hit an all time high. I mean, how much different are they from just about any overnight treatment? Serums, thick creams etc and so on. It does at times seem a little too much of a gimmick. And really thick or sticky masks are no good if you value your pillow in any way shape or form. I have more often than not woke up with mine stuck to my face.

On to Vichy's latest offering. It was nice. I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to get it. It's not something you can't do without. But it's worth trying if you're able to get your hands on a sample. Rather than the thick cream formulas of old, this is a gel cream. So it's light and absorbs well into the skin. It has a pleasant but not overpowering aroma.

I often pair it with Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Serum. My dehydrated face seems to eat product at night, so I need to layer as many layers of moisture as I can. The combination left my skin feeling fresh and plump in the morning. I have read that some people have used this as a day cream - with the glycerin content in it, I'd recommend this as a night treatment only. It wouldn't be ideal under a full face of makeup.

Also a note on the colour - there have been a number of products that have come into the skincare market with a blue hue such as Sunday Riley's Luna oil or May Lindstrom's Blue Cocoon. They get their blue colour naturally from blue tansy which is soothing. But the colour of Vichy's night spa is strictly blue colouring. It shouldn't have any detrimental effects - but very sensitive skin types may just want to be aware.

You can get a 75ml jar from Boots for £26.50. Very reasonable for an effective, even if not mind blowing, product. And it will last you ages. Vichy is often on offer at Boots or you can wait until Escentual.com has one of their fab French Pharmacy sales to give it a go!

Comments