Sephora: Pomegranate Eye Mask

I'd like to think I don't always get sucked into a trend. However, when it comes to sheet masks of any kind - guilty as charged. I love a sheet mask. They are so much easier to use than conventional masks. Are effective. Easy clean up. The only draw back is looking slightly like you should be starring in a Wes Craven film. Or if you like to look at the bright side - a great way to terrify your partner in bed.

The sheet masks baby sister, the eye mask, doesn't quite reach the fun and terrifying effects a full sheet mask does - but targets those problem areas. Despite covering just a small portion of your face, the eye masks tend to be even pricier than a sheet mask. So as good as they're reported to be, I've been hesitant to fork out for them.

After the success of their own face sheet masks, Sephora have expanded their range for eyes, lips, hands and feet. And like most of Sephora's own brand of product they are both effective and more affordable than products of a similar quality.

They have six* different kinds available for an assortment of problems that can affect your eye area. I opted for the Pomegranate - Anti-fatigue & Energizing eye mask. Because life. Each pair come in an individual packet where the fibrous mask is soaked in all the goodness that's meant to be absorbed by your skin. The package is easy to open, albeit a little messy. No more than any other mask of this kind - at least ones that I've tried.

The smell is pleasant enough. You don't really notice it while its on your face. The sensation is very cooling. While this doesn't explicitly say it helps with puffiness, I would guess that it would do that. The area around my eye was left feeling smooth and refreshed. Although did nothing for the dark circles I woke up with. 

What Sephora says:

"Reduces signs of fatigue and tones the eye contour for a rested, energetic look"

In a use test on 21 volunteers after 21 days of use:
- 100% felt skin under their eyes is toned
- 100% felt skin under their eyes is invigorated
- 100% felt skin under their eyes is energized 

How I use it:

I used this not only on cleansed skin, but also post moisturiser for a little skin pick me up. While Sephora recommends to leave on for at least 15 minutes, I went for a full half hour. And likely would have gone longer if I'd tried it out at a more sensible time of the day. These would be great to use on a pamper evening in the tub when you just need a little extra pick me up after a long week.

Pricing:

These are on Sephora's Canadian website for $6. While you can get the Estée Lauder ones cheaper - you have to buy them in multipacks - so you're spending $46 at once rather than $6. This way you can also mix and match based on your needs. For an item you're not using every day, its worth it. If you get a chance pick one up and let me know what you think!

jb xx

*for UK girls heading to Paris anytime soon, Sephora carries EIGHT different kinds of eye mask and cost €3.95. Stock up! I will be

Comments