Christophe Robin: Delicate Volumising Shampoo with Rose Extracts

The struggle is real with me and shampoo. I have fine hair, but a lot of it. Which means I can be both a greasy and frizzy hot mess if I'm not careful. I used to buy shampoos based on just on their smell - hello Herbal Essences - and just accepted the state of my hair as it were. I thought hairdressers were using witchcraft to make my hair look fantastic - until I washed it myself of course.

And while Pam still makes my hair look better than I could ever dream of doing, I have discovered that what you put on your hair while you're cleansing it does actually make a difference. At least for me. I had been looking forward to trying Christophe Robin's Delicate Volumising Shampoo with Rose Extracts for ages.

It was everything that I'd want from a hair product. Volumising? Check. French? Check. Delicately scented? Check. Perfection, right? It even came highly recommended by one of my favourite beauty bloggers - Ruth Crilly / A Model Recommends.

But it's not to be for me and Christophe Robin. This gorgeous shampoo seems to always leave me with a gross looking scalp. Something MUCH cheaper shampoos have been known to do on the reg. No matter how much I rinse, it never seems to be fully cleansed out of my hair. Which is a shame as it does smell lush and feels like its doing a great job otherwise. That's not to say you wouldn't like it - like most products, it tends to be personal. What doesn't work for some becomes holy grail for others.

What Christophe Robin says:

"This shampoo gently cleanses while restoring volume and body. Its acid pH closes the hair cuticles to reduce pigment loss and maintain a vibrant, fresh-looking color"

How I use it:

This probably goes without saying, but I use it like every other shampoo I've tried. Every 2 - 3 days even if it does state that its gentle enough for every day. No one needs to wash their hair that much. And I always do two washes before following with a conditioner. In this instance I always used it alongside the Rahua Volumising Conditioner. Maybe it would work better pairing it with the Christophe Robin counterpart?

Pricing / Where to buy:

When a £3 shampoo fails you its annoying enough - but a 250ml bottle will set you back £28! from LookFantastic. As its mostly available online only in the UK it might be difficult to get a sample before you try it. But if you can, definitely do. It might be the best shampoo you've ever tried. But for me, it didn't work or justify that hefty pricetag.

jb xx

Comments