Aurelia: Cell Repair Night Oil

When I was growing up I was taught that oil was basically evil for your skin. You wouldn't let it anywhere near you for fear of the almighty spot. Pore clogging cold creams - fine. But oils, no way.

Cut to today where I now have a a mild massive obsession with all things oil. One of my favourites is a treatment oil at night rather than a thick night cream. Don't get me wrong - I love those too, but an oil is magic. Especially in the summer months where you might not want to use something that feels heavy on your face.


My first foray into night oils was Kiehl's highly reputed one. If truth be told I wasn't a fan. It smelled amazing and didn't do anything wrong, but it didn't quite do anything right. At least there were no noticeable changes when I used it.

I received a small sample of Aurelia's Cell Repair Night Oil and was immediately impressed. So much so I'm actually on my second full size bottle. It's a light oil so absorbs very quickly into the skin. So you won't feel slimy or end up destroying your pillows at night.

I sometimes use a serum underneath, but more often than not put this on immediately after cleansing and a light mist of hydrating toner. A few drops will cover your entire face and neck. So don't let the price put you off, it will last you ages.

And while smell shouldn't matter for effective skincare, it certainly doesn't hurt. This smells lush. The notes of neroli come through the most, but there is also hints of lavender and rose. The combination at once uplifting and relaxing.

According to Aurelia's site this treatment will:

An intensive overnight boosting treatment which works in tandem with the skin's nightly repair mode. BioOrganic 100% pure botanicals ensure this exquisite oil instantly absorbs to work on all fronts. Kalahari oil provides abundant essential fatty acids, Mongongo oil restructures and regenerates the epidermis, Kigelia firms and tones, Baobab delivers precious Omega 3, 6 & 9 and the antioxidant properties of Hibiscus fight free radicals and reduce oxidative stress. 

I couldn't say whether I've been 'restructured' or 'regenerated', but after using this I always wake up feeling moisturised and dewy. There's a definite difference in my skin's appearance on the mornings I've used this.

In addition to that, Aurelia is an absolutely lovely company to deal with. I've used a number of their products now and have had to be in touch about deliveries, and they are genuinely one of the nicest group of ladies I've dealt with. Beyond helpful for anyone that has further questions.

If you're not ready to buy a full bottle - you can try it out in their Jet Set Weekender kit. It's a handy little kit to throw in your handbag if you're travelling with all the skincare you'd need for a weekend away. Including the Cell Repair Night Oil. The oil will actually last more than just the weekend as you need just a few drops. And more than enough to see whether you fancy getting the full size which is £55 from Aurelia's website. You can also buy and test Aurelia's skincare at Liberty and SpaceNK.

Comments