Balmology: Neroli & Sweet Basil Cleansing Balm

Balmology's Neroli & Sweet Basil Cleansing Balm was actually my first when it came to cleansing balms and I'd figured out I wasn't really cleansing my face. Well really cleansing it anyways. When I started getting all skin care obsessive 18 months ago after reading a blog post from one of my favourite fashion bloggers, I decided to give this a whirl.


Not that fragrance should be important in terms of skincare - but let's be honest, you're putting it on your face. All around your nose. On it. Under it. And if you hate the smell, you're not going to use it consistently. So I wanted a smell of this wonder balm before spending £25 on it. I contacted Balmology on Twitter to find a London based stockist - which there were none. They asked me to send them an email with my address. What I received back was the most beautiful little package of samples. First, they were lovely enough to send product to last for a couple of weeks - so I could really see if I liked it. But it came in these lovely little pots all wrapped up in tissue. And their correspondence was brilliant.

Not only did I buy a pot before I'd used up the samples, but have re-purchased it a number of times since. It's effective for taking your makeup off and leaving your face feeling really cleansed without any residue left. I just massage a small amount into dry skin, and remove with a warm flannel (washcloth). It smells like spring and almost makes you look forward to your evening cleaning ritual. I often follow it with a second cleanse (usually a gel or other light cleanser). You can also use it for a good facial massage if you're into that sort of thing.

The ingredients are all natural and ethically sourced. The products are made in small batches to control the quality. I also like that Balmology has a small group of products that they produce - which means they focus on those items and ensure they maintain a very high quality. 

Comments