Clarins: Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector

Dangers of Duty Free
Admittedly, I'm somewhat of a lip product addict. Glosses, lipsticks, balms - I want to try them odd. Sod finishing off whatever I wanted to try a month ago. So, it's more than a little suprising that I'm so late to the Clarins Instant Light Lip Pefector party.

It's possible that the fiasco that was Lancome's Juicy Tubes and the hype that had surrounded them had put me off of diving in. But lack of sleep and the allure of being in duty free was more than I could handle and I caved.

This could be one of my best impulse purchases to date as this little product is worth all the hype. Rather than a sticky mess that attracts your hair, the ILLP is more in the balm family of products. It leaves your lips moisturised for ages while adding just a hint of colour and shine. Not blind anyone within a 50 ft radius type shine, but more of a sheen.

If you're in a rush you can use ILLP on it's own for a hint of colour, or it looks lush over a lip pencil if you're into that sort of thing. I wore the darker of the two shades over a MAC Soar pencil for a natural looking but polished look. And of course you can pop it over any lipstick to help your lips stay soft throughout the day / night.

Although some people crticise the foam tip, I think it helps the application rather than having to blend with your finger. And is certainly better than anything that comes in a pot. This little item has earned itself a permanent position in my handbag.

Comments