NARS: Satin Lip Pencil (Rikugien)

As I'm just about to start my second one of these little gems, I thought I shouldn't keep it all to myself and actually share about the satin lip pencil from Nars!

Admittedly, I didn't buy this for myself, or had even thought about picking one up. Although I'd heard good things about the Nars lip pencils, there were a number of other lipsticks that were dutifully being saved up for.

Enter the gift with purchase. I got this last fall's amazing gift with purchase from Liberty (along with a whole lot of other amazing goodies). And didn't think to use it for ages. The colour at the end of the pencil does it no favours.

When I did finally give it a go I noticed the colour was a lot richer and pinker on your lips than it appears in the pencil. One of those 'your lips but better' type of colours that people talk about. And the formula is beautiful. It's creamy giving it an almost balm like feel on the lips. A great every day product to keep in your bag!


Personally I have no complaints, but if you don't fancy carrying a sharpener, this one may not be for you. Although it fits in a generic sharpener, those tend to leave the edges a little jaggy. I'd take the plunge and buy the Nars sharpener to go along with it. It's worth it!

I may just have to give a few other colours a try. Let me know if you have any favourites!

Comments