Cleanser: Clinique - Take the Day Off Balm

Despite the hype around this cleanser, I was hesitant to try it. Not because I thought it wouldn't do what it said on the pot (spoiler alert: it definitely does), but it didn't quite have the same draw as the many, many, many other balms that are currently on the market.

For the last year I've been completely loyal in my evening cleansing routine to Balmology's Neroli and Sweet Basil cleansing balm. It's left my skin feeling clean, nourished and smells unreal. But just as I ran out, Boots was having a 20% off Clinique sale -- and I thought it time to finally see if the hype was worth it.


It's a hard balm, perfect if you fancy giving your face a good massage. It breaks down all the makeup that you're wearing. So if you don't have time to use an eye makeup remover first, this is perfect. This isn't something you can splash off your face - so get out those flannels / washclothes to make sure TTDO isn't on your skin all night.

Although it works perfectly well, I was missing the scent. For people with sensitive skin or allergies, this might be the very thing that they'll enjoy most about TTDO. But I was missing that little luxury as I wind down for the night. It also didn't leave my skin feeling quite as nourished as Balmology.

Verdict: I'd buy again in a sale. It's great value for money (even at full price) -- a little goes a long way. It does take the grime of a day out in London off my skin leaving it clean but it wouldn't be the first thing I'd reach for when I'm really looking for a pamper.

Comments