Superdrug: Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser

Nothing has had such an immediate impact on the appearance of my skin than when I first started taking cleansing super seriously. That doesn't mean I was a scruffy cow who didn't wash my face at night, it just meant I didn't invest any time (or money) into cleansing. I thought that should be saved for the good stuff -- serums and such!


And while Oskia's Renaissance Cleansing Gel will forever have my heart, it's not always within the budget. So alternatives for a clean and shiny face had to be found. Needs must and all that.

On the recommendation of beauty guru Sali Hughes I made a very rare trip to Superdrug and picked up their Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser. At £4.99 for a massive 200ml tube it is an absolute bargain. It also comes with its own muslin cloth, but I've given that a swerve. Much prefer a fluffier wash cloth. Emma Hardie's are HIGHLY recommended if you want to treat yourself.

This cleanser was definitely not what I expected. Normally a hot cloth cleanser tends to be a more balm or gel like consistence. Whereas, Superdrug's offering is more like a cream. I would compare the consistency to Elemis' Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser  or even Clarins Extra-Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream if you've been lucky enough to try those.

There is a faint fresh smell. Nothing too overpowering for those of you who don't like your skin care scented. As for the packaging, it's very much you get what you pay for. Not the most glamorous looking tube for those of you all about an Instagram 'shelfie'. But you will be able to get every last drop of product out.

I typically apply to a dry face. Massage in until it seems to almost have absorbed. I may add a little water for a milk type cleanser. And then remove with a warm wash cloth. I haven't tried to remove a full face of makeup with it, that's left to some hardy oils or micellar waters. Typically this would be a second cleanse or for your morning cleanse.

It did leave my skin clean and very soft -- assuming that's a byproduct of the Vitamin E and cocoa in the formula. As a bonus, they've also included vitamins A, B, F and H which are meant to help condition your skin. And there was none of that tight feeling you get from using some cleansers - especially foam cleansers.

Superdrug's Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser is an excellent choice if you are looking for bargain buys in your skincare routine. It will leave your skin feeling soft and cleansed. And if you're really lucky you'll be able to pick it up on offer at an absolute steal.

Comments