Darphin: Stimulskin Plus Serumask

It probably goes without saying - but I have lots of little sample sachets and pots stored all over my room courtesy of a slight beauty addiction problem. The more you buy, the more shops want you to buy so they send glorious little samples out. While a sachet is never enough to really know how I feel about a skincare item -- I was lucky enough to get a deluxe size pot of Darphin's Stimulskin Plus Serumask.


I managed to get about a full-week of testing out of the sample so can be certain that I like it, but still not completely certain what it does. As the name suggests, it's sort of a hybrid product sitting somewhere between a proper mask and serum. Which pretty much leaves it up to you how you want to use it. Rather than waste it away as a serum in the day I used it as an overnight treatment.

Obviously I didn't use it on its own, but with a combination of products -- sticking to my regular day to day bits to see whether this could live up to the many claims Darphin has on their site. Claims that include but are not limited to: 'reveals a younger looking self. Texture looks beautified, lines and wrinkles appear minimised, firmness looks improved.'

I can't confidently say that my skin looked younger or texture was 'beautified' - what does that even mean?! But I can say my skin felt still fully hydrated when I woke up in the morning. It felt soft to touch - much like after a really brilliant hydrating mask. When I applied it the night before, the product itself had a nice texture and scent, and fully absorbed in. So there should be no concerns about product getting all over your pillows like with some overnight treatments.

The only reason I'm not rushing out to get a full size pot is that I currently have about a half dozen other lotions and potions to use up. It's not the only reason - a 50ml pot is priced at £95.* Pricey if you plan to use it as a nightly treatment. If you have the budget, I'd definitely recommend trying it out for yourself - and splurge. It would be the perfect product to work into your own weekly home spa routines.


jb xx

* if you love French pharmacy products - Escentual.com is the way to go. They often put French pharmacy brands on sale. Currently you can get Stimulskin + Serumask for £63.33 -- absolute bargain! 



Comments