Kiehl's: Iris Extract Activating Essence Treatment

Does anyone really need an extra step in their skincare routine? By and large no - unless your skincare routine consists of a face wipe before heading off to sleep and not much else. 

As someone who truly loves that few moments to myself before heading to bed or first waking up in the morning, even I questioned adding something new into the mix.
However, I was given a lovely deluxe size sample of the Kiehl’s Iris extract activating essence treatment from Space NK as this year’s birthday present. Even the name seems exceedingly long and unnecessary.

Kiehl’s own site make the following claim:  

  • Unique, velvety liquid concentrate delivers anti-aging and hydrating ingredients to skin’s surface layer
  • With Iris Florentina Root Extract, known for its deeply nourishing and anti-aging benefits to skin
  • With Lipo Hydroxy Acid (LHA) to activate skin’s natural exfoliation process and Sodium Hyaluronate to replenish skin and smooth fine lines
  • Visibly improves the appearance of fine lines, dullness, and rough texture over time
  • Your essential “first step” anti-aging treatment to maintain skin’s youthful texture, reduce fine lines, and activate radiance



I’ve been using it now every day usually twice a day for the last few months. And despite my better judgement, I do love it. 

I couldn’t say for sure that it has long term anti-aging benefits. But my skin has felt a lot smoother when I use it regularly. And I will likely purchase the full size bottle when my little gift one runs out. My little 40 ml bottle is still going strong - the full size would likely last the better part of a year.

How I’ve been using it

Just 4-6 drops pressed directly onto my face after toners but before serums or moisturisers. Kiehl's recommends directly onto cleansed skin, but I've found it more effective to do my acid / hydrating toners first. And then this prepares the skin to make those serums work harder for you.

Do you need it?

Definitely not. It isn't going to make the difference a good cleanser or serum will. But you should notice a change in your skin's texture after using it for a short time. So if you want to give your skin just a little boost, this could be the item you're looking for. 

j x


Comments