Stila: Forever Your Curl

Despite being told hundreds of times that when something seems too good to be true it usually is -- and you ignore that good advice anyways? That's a little bit like my brief dip into Stila's Forever Your Curl Mascara.

A few weeks ago I was having my all too regular mooch around TK Maxx in search for a beauty buy when I came across a Stila stash like I've never seen before. It was incredible. I had assumed most things had been seasonal and not part of their permanent collection - so all would be ok.

And quite serendipitously I was in need of a new mascara - and there it was. Beautiful. Black. Named after a Paula Abdul song. What more could I want?

I'll tell you what I didn't want -- this.

When I first took the wand out I was taken back by the smell - not unlike nail polish remover. Old nail polish remover. Although I'm not usually fussed about the smell of cosmetics, this was slightly concerning. Did I want something that reeked of acetone so near my eye?

I persevered - because it's Stila. A brand I've always trusted for quality products. It didn't do much for my lashes. It would be ok-ish for a day time look. Presumably it's buildable but it certainly wasn't anything special. Because it was only £5 (cheaper than just about all drugstore brands) I was set on continuing on with it. Only to come home at the end of the day with panda eyes.

I tried it again a few more times, with and without lash primer. Letting layers dry. Using it in conjunction with other mascaras. But I had to bin it. This wasn't even good enough to be a backup. More of it ended up on my face than my lashes and there was not notable difference in my lashes -- curl or otherwise.

I'd advise even if you see a super duper deal on this one to give it a miss. This deal was too good to be true.

jb

Comments