Clinique: Colour Pop Lipstick

I may be slightly addicted to lip products. I'll admit that. A bright pop of colour is sometimes all you need to look put together before heading out the door. It change the look of just about any outfit and even perk you up when you're a bit blah. Clinique was the first non-drugstore lipstick that I bought. And I was in love. I saved up for ages for it and used any excuse I coud to wear my 'fancy' lippy.

Since then, I've tried just about every brand and price point you can imagine. My devotion to Clinique lipstick had taken a serious hit. But when they launched their colour pop range I had to give it a try.

I picked up Melon Pop and more recently Cherry pop - although it was tough to narrow down which ones to get. All the colours are brilliant. Poppy Pop was brilliant but looks like it may have been limited edition - lucky you if you managed to get your hands on it.

The formula is meant to be a primer and a lipstick in one. So it goes on smoothly and is creamy in texture. They also contain shea butter which is why it has that balm type feel and nourishes your lips. While a lipstick with this type of texture normally has to be re-applied quite frequently, the colour payoff and lasting power for these are brilliant.

Co-ordinating the packaging with the actual lipstick is a fantastic bonus. It's an idea that could have ended up looking a bit tacky, but Clinique styled it out to be both functional and modern looking. Beyond that it makes it easy to find exactly what you're looking for! MAC lipsticks look lovely - but it can take ages to find the one you're looking for once you have a little collection built up.

The regular price for these here in the UK is £16 from most retailers. However, if you're quick you can get either Cherry Pop or Nude pop for just £2 if you pick up a copy of December's Glamour. You definitely can't beat that for price or quality!

Comments